- Blaise Veterinary Referral Hospital in Longbridge is creating more than 100 new jobs
- Animal-loving Birmingham locals are being encouraged to apply for a range of roles
- The new £10m veterinary hospital is set to open in November and will treat up to 10,000 pets every year
A new state-of-the-art pet hospital is recruiting for several roles across its clinical, veterinary care and admin support functions as it gets ready to open its doors later this year. Blaise Veterinary Referral Hospital in Longbridge is set to open in November 2023 and clinical director Andrew Kent is encouraging Birmingham locals to join the team.
Part of the West Longbridge regeneration project, the 36,000 sq. ft hospital represents a £10m investment into the local community, as well as bringing 100 new jobs to the area.
Roles currently being recruited for include a hospital relationship manager, veterinary care assistants, and operations administrators and cater to a diverse range of skill sets, presenting a really fulfilling career opportunity for animal enthusiasts all over Birmingham.
"We firmly believe that success is built upon the passion and dedication of our team members, and we are committed to making Blaise a great place to work." said Andrew Kent, Clinical Director.
“The team we are building at Blaise will deliver world-class veterinary services to pets across the Midlands, and we are excited to welcome like-minded individuals to join us. If you have an interest in the veterinary profession, a genuine love for animals and a desire to make a difference in their lives, we encourage you to apply and take a step into what could be your dream job."
Spencer Wilson, head of employment and skills at Birmingham City Council, said:
“Longbridge is the largest regeneration project in the West Midlands, providing a new town centre in South Birmingham with 10,000 new jobs already created. The West Longbridge phase aims to deliver a further 5,000 jobs and we are determined to see these opportunities taken up by residents who are struggling with the impact of unemployment and the cost-of-living crisis.
“That’s why we are pleased that Blaise Referral Hospital has agreed to work with us to fill the 100 new jobs the hospital is creating, as well as delivering longer-term career and apprenticeship opportunities for our young people.”
Driven by the boom in pet ownership over the last three years, Blaise is hospital owner IVC Evidensia’s first purpose-built pet hospital in the UK. Acting as an extension of local first opinion vets, pets and their owners will be referred to the state-of-the-art hospital when they need more specialised treatment, such as oncology for pets with cancer or cardiology for heart issues.
With the capacity to treat up to 10,000 pets each year, there will also be a 24/7 emergency and critical care service offering ICU and out of hours care from the UK’s leading pet emergency service, Vets Now.
For more information about Blaise and to view the positions available, visit www.blaise-referrals.com/careers. Local residents interested in accessing new jobs at Longbridge can contact Birmingham City Council’s Employment Access Team for advice, training and support by emailing EATeam@birmingham.gov.uk.
Issued by Aimée Higgins on behalf of Blaise Veterinary Referral Hospital and IVC Evidensia: email@example.com / 07388843857
About Blaise Referral Hospital:
- Blaise Referral Hospital is IVC Evidensia’s first purpose-built, multi-disciplinary veterinary hospital in the UK
- When it opens in November 2023, the hospital will have the capacity to treat up to 10,000 pets each year and will bring 100 new jobs to the area
- Led by a team of veterinary specialists, Blaise Referral Hospital will accept referrals and provide emergency services to pets from Birmingham and surrounding areas
- The hospital is named after St Blaise, the patron saint of veterinarians
About IVC Evidensia:
- Founded in 2011, IVC Evidensia is one of the world’s leading veterinary care providers, serving millions of pets and their owners across Europe and Canada.
- Working with our colleagues in general practice, staff throughout the IVC Evidensia referral network delivers exceptional veterinary care to thousands of patients and their owners every year. Investing in individuals, teams and facilities is at the heart of what we do to facilitate seamless referrals across Europe.